- Kitchen, bathroom and bedroom
- Security systems
- Gas heating
- Loft Conversions
- Oil-Fired heating
- Door/gate entry
Help & Advice
Amara are proud to be an approved NICEIC contractor. Their website states Customers of registered contractors will enjoy the following benefits:
- Confidence that the work is performed by competent contractors and that it complies with the relevant safety standards
- The knowledge that the contractor holds adequate insurance and that essential documentation, training, technical capability and equipment is maintained and up-to-date
- Peace of mind, as NICEIC has an independent Complaints Procedure and your work is protected by the NICEIC Platinum Promise if any problems should arise
What is the Part P Domestic Installer Scheme?
NICEIC’s Domestic Installer Scheme has been approved to register installers to Full Scope or Defined Competence for domestic electrical installation work in accordance with Part P Building Regulations.
The scopes of registration are:< Full Scope The scope of work covers the full range of domestic electrical installation work. This is those businesses that carry out electrical installation work as the main part of their business. However, other businesses wishing to be registered as full scope, must provide level A type work for assessment (see definition matrix below).
If the main activity of the business is not electrical installation work and involves only additions to existing circuits, then the Defined Competence route will be more appropriate. Defined Competence The scope of work is limited to Level B type electrical installation work in connection with , or ancillary to, some other non-electrical work (see definition matrix below). Examples of work/installations that fall within the scope of Defined Competence:
- Solid fuel heating
- Extractor fans
- Garden installations
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pools
- Stair lifts
- Spa baths
The approach to registration with NICEIC’s Domestic Installer Scheme is the same for Full Scope and Defined Competence.
Amara are proud to be members of the government backed TrustMark scheme.
What is TrustMark?
- TrustMark is the nationwide Government backed scheme to help consumers find reputable tradesmen to carry out work in the home improvement industry
- TrustMark is a sign that reputable tradesmen are carrying out the work for home owners, not rogue traders
- Registered companies can now achieve Trust Mark approval through membership to the FairTrades Association
- Consumers are increasingly looking out for the TrustMark logo to be alongside other trade body logos when tradesmen advertise, now home owners can search for local tradesmen via the TrustMark website too
- Firms with Trust Mark have signed up to a code of practice which includes insurance, good health and safety practices and have customer care at the heart of their business
- If home owners have a problem or disagreement with a Trust Mark registered tradesmen, there will be a clear and user-friendly complaints procedure to help resolve the issue via the trade body they use to sign them up, in this case FairTrades
Amara Electrical Services
Our team of qualified and experienced electricians will be able to fix any electrical issues in Manchester and surrounding areas at both residential and commercial properties. We will always provide a solution to any electrical problem you might have. Here are just some of happy customers.
Domestic Inspection (Electrical) Totally professional from initial contact. Arrived promptly and did a first-class job. Will be using Mike again for other work I have planned. I always expect good work and I can highly recommended Mike.
“Mike turned up on time (early, in fact!) and did a thorough inspection of our electrics. We were pleased with the job :)”
Full electrical re-wiring “fantastic job done! full re-wiring of house, stuck to original quote, finished ahead of schedule and the place is pretty much spotless consdiering the size and scale of the job done!! exceptionally pleased and would certainly reccommend and use again in the future, really couldnt have asked for a better level of sevice and at such a good price, big thank you to Michael”
Rewire of 3-bed end of terrace “Michael completed the job on time and worked to the fixed price he gave me initially. I was informed of any issues or any information Michael required to get on with the job. Pleased with tidiness of works whilst ongoing, and how Michael left my house afterwards. Part P Certificates were provided quickly. Would hire again and recommend. Thanks”